The Side Panel is your shortcut to all things LingoHub - from managing and editing translations across different target language, accessing the editing history, setting up Text Segment keys - this feature is true LingoHubber's treasure.
Here's how you can make the most out of the Side Panel and become a pro LingoHubber too.
Accessing the Side Panel
The Side Panel is found on the right side of LingoHub's online Editor and can be easily opened or closed.
Simply click the switcher on the top right and choose whether or not the Side Panel is displayed.
How can I use the Side Panel?
The Side Panel covers the following information and allows you access to several handy features:
- Segment Information
What is covered in the Segment Information
At the very top of the Side Panel, information on the active Text Segment is displayed.
This information includes:
- Translation ID # (TID): a unique and public ID number.
- Key: refers to the segment title. You can use it to search within your projects by using the exact text search.
- File: this title shows the file where your Text Segment is stored.
- Project: refers to the project to which selected Text Segment belongs to.
- Modified: this segment will show you the date when the Text Segment in question was last modified and by whom.
- Comments: the comment button allows you to add a comment to the selected Text Segment. It will directly open the Conversation Center and allow you to create a specified conversation.
- Labels: used for filtering and categorization of your Text Segment.
Be mindful of the Permissions.
The File icon is only visible for the organization owner, organization and project administrator.
They have the permissions to access the Resource Files page and download files.
Labels are defined on an organization level and can be used across all projects.
By assigning a Label, with a specified name and color, filtering of your Text Segments becomes easier.
You can assign a Label to a Text Segment by selecting "Add Label" and "Edit Label" in the Segment Information section of the Side Panel.
Useful Side Panel Shortcuts
There are a couple of shortcuts that you can access from the Side Panel, via Text Segment Information.
- Filter: Filters Text Segments from the specific file.
- Download: Takes you directly to the Resource Files page and download.
- Filter: Filters Text Segments by the selected project.
- Home: Takes you directly to the Project Dashboard.
Text Segment Settings
By clicking the cog icon, you are able to access the Text Segment Settings.
In the Settings, you can:
- Add a description
- Define a character limit for the translated text
- Assign Translatable or Untranslatable nature. If unchecked, translators and reviewer are not able to change this translation.
- Assign Active or Deactivated option. If deactivated, the Text Segment cannot be translated and will not be included in resource files.
After you have selected your preferred options, click "Save Changes".
Text Segment History
You can easily restore Texts from the Translation History.
All versions are stored in the history segment, where you can:
- View date and time of changes
- View the team member who made the changes
- Switch between different target languages of the Text Segment
- Restore old translation versions
LingoHub's MultiEditor is easily accessible via the Side Panel.
In the Side Panel, you are able to add and edit translations for different target languages, or change Status of the translations.
By selecting the specific language(s) or all languages, you can easily focus on the most important translations.
Find out more
Find out how to: