Translation Memory makes your translation processes faster, easier to manage and helps you build on and leverage all your previous projects.
You can create multiple Translation Memories within your organization.
Default Translation Memory
Every Organization has one “default” automatically created Translation Memory. If you create more than one Translation Memory, you will be able to switch the “default” flag. If you are using only one Translation Memory, this is automatically selected as the “default”.
The default Translation Memory is automatically assigned to every new project you create. This means that your translators are provided with suggestions from the “default” TM when working on another project.
If you want to select another TM for a project, please view our guide on how to assign a Translation Memory for your project.
How to create a Translation Memory
- Enter the Translation Memories Settings from your Organization Settings Side Panel. The Organization Side Panel is available by clicking on Settings in the Navigation Bar.
- In the Translation Memory Settings you can view, edit or delete all existing Translation Memories.
- You can immediately choose to make the automatic Translation Memory your Default Translation Memory, or you can do so later if you decide to create more.
- Choose which Text Segments to include in the Translation Memory: Draft, Translated, Approved, or Use deactivated Text Segments
- Choose projects from which Translation Memory will be filled. You can choose between All projects and Specific projects
- Save changes and get back to your projects. Your Translation Memory is now active.