You have decided you have no more use of a Translation Memory and you want to free up some space. Deleting a Translation Memory is quite simple, but since the process is irreversible, here are a couple of things you should know before clicking the Delete button.
- Deleting the Default Translation Memory
Please note that you can’t delete your “default” Translation Memory.
You can assign the “default” flag to another Translation Memory to delete a specific one. This means your Organization always has one Translation Memory active.
- Deleting Translation Memories assigned to Projects
A Translation Memory can’t be deleted as long as it is assigned to a project.
Please make sure that no project uses suggestions from the Translation Memory that you want to delete.
- More than One Rule
You have to have at least one Translation Memory in your organization.
If you have created more than one Translation Memory in your organization, then you can delete them as well.
How to Delete a Translation Memory?
- Go to Organization Settings by selecting the Settings tab in the Navigation Bar
- Select Translation Memories from the side bar
- Choose the Translation Memory you want to delete and click the Manage button
- Click the red Delete Translation Memory button in the bottom of the page
- You will get a confirmation pop up. If you are sure you want to proceed with deleting your Translation Memory, click Yes.
- Your Translation Memory is deleted.