Autofill Settings are easily accessible via Project Preferences submenu, under Translation Tools.
This section explains how the Autofill feature can be used to share texts between different languages and dialects.
Rules defined for different dialects and languages,
depend and are based on your Translation Memory.
This means that the Translation Memory and additional Autofill rules are connected.
Example: If you select that 100% matches will be used to autofill empty segments from Translation Memory, this specification also applies for any additional rule that is defined.
NOTE: Additional Autofill rules can be used to fill text segments of German (Austria) with texts from German in the same project or different ones. Of course, this works for other language combinations too.
Both locales (languages) don’t need to be in the same project. Texts are shared via the Translation Memory, hence Translation Memory settings define among which projects texts are shared. Please take a look at our Translation Memory documentation for more information.
Additional autofill rules DON'T automatically apply for segments created in the past. Once a rule is defined, empty segments are autofilled if autofilling is triggered.
Autofill is always triggered, if:
- You edit a text segment (e.g.) that is used to fill your Translation Memory and the matching text segment (e.g. German Austria) is empty. This only applies if the text changes are saved.
- You add a new project locale (=language) to your project. All empty text segments will be autofilled from Machine Translation OR
- New empty text segment(s) is created. New text segment(s) can be created by uploading a file or creating a new text segment in the online Editor.
How Autofill is triggered:
- If you first define the additional autofill rule, and then add a new locale German Austria, autofilled is triggered. This means that all empty segments of German Austria) will be autofilled with matches from German by the Translation Memory.
- If you first add a new locale German Austria and then define the additional autofill rule, autofill is not triggered. This means that empty segments of German Austrian won’t be autofilled with matching texts from German by the Translation Memory.
Find out more
Find out how to :