After getting to know a bit more about LingoHub Statuses, you can move forward with getting the most out of this handy feature.
The main use of Statuses is to streamline your workflow and track all translation changes with ease.
However, you can use Statuses to filter and view segments that are of the highest importance to you, or use Statuses to signal what you want your Translation Memory to learn from.
How to Change a Segment Status?
Enter the segment by clicking on the empty field or text in the target language column.
Change the status by either:
1. Clicking on the status icon circle next to the text segment
2. Using a keyboard shortcut:
- Save as Draft: Ctrl + J
- Save as Translated: Ctrl + K
- Save as Approved: Ctrl + L
3. Mark all segments and change status for multiple segments at once:
- Click on the icon next to the status checkbox to select all text segments displayed in the Editor.
- Action button appears at the top right of the Editor, allowing you to change the status for all selected segments
4. Select specific segments and change status for particular segments:
- Click the icon beneath the status icon circle of a text segment to select it. You can select various segments manually by ticking the checkbox.
- Action button will appear at the top right of the Editor so you can change the status of the selected segments.
How to Filter by Segment Status?
You can choose to view only segments of a particular status in the Editor.
Ticking on or more of the check-boxes next to your source and target languages, you can display segments with a particular status in the Editor.
Next to the check-boxes, the number of segments marked with a certain status is displayed, so you know immediately how many text segments are not translated, draft, translated and approved.
How to use Statuses for Translation Memory?
The Translation Memory Settings allow you to choose whether your Translation Memory learns from translations made in all projects or specific projects of your organization.
However, we understand that not all content is crucial for your Translation Memory. That is why, you can specify Text Segments with a particular status which signal your Translation Memory what is necessary to learn and what not:
- Draft - all segments of the selected project(s) assigned to the status draft are included.
- Translated - includes all text segments of the selected project(s) marked as translated.
- Approved - all text segments marked as approved in your selected project(s) are included.
- Use deactivated Text Segments - all deactivated text segments in your selected project(s) are included in the Translation Memory.
If you select
All projects and Include text segments with status translated and approved, translations of all your projects with the status translated or approved
will be used for suggestions by the Translation Memory.
Find out more
Find out how to: