Autofill Settings are easily accessible via Project Preferences submenu, under Translation Tools.
This section explains how the Autofill feature connects to your Translation Memory.
Autofill Settings for Translation Memory
After ticking the checkbox "Translation Memory", LingoHub will check empty text segments of this project and automatically copy the text from the Translation Memory.
The Translation Memory assigned to your project will be used for autofilling.
Only empty text segments can be autofilled.
The status of the segment doesn’t matter,
but it needs to be empty to be autofilled if the rules you specified apply.
Autofill doesn’t automatically apply for the text segments created in the past. This means that empty text segments are autofilled if autofill is triggered.
Autofill is always triggered if:
- You edit a text segment in project A that is used to fill your Translation Memory and the matching text segment in project B is empty. This only applies if the text changes are saved OR
- You add a new project locale (=language) to your project. All empty Text Segments will be Autofilled from the Translation Memory if the specified rules apply (e.g. 100% match) OR
- A new empty Text Segment(s) is created. New Text Segment(s) can be created by uploading a file or creating a new Text Segment in the Online Editor.
A project can autofill itself.
If your project is used to fill a certain Translation Memory and
receives suggestions from this Translation Memory,
matching texts in your project can be autofilled.
- You translate your website from English to German and use the phrase: “Sign up” multiple times on your website.
- Your LingoHub project is used to fill the Translation Memory and also receives suggestions from it.
- “Autofill empty segments from Translation Memory with text segments matching 100%” is activated.
- If your translator now translates “Sign Up” the first time with “Anmelden”, all other empty target language segments with the source phrase “Sign Up” are autofilled with “Anmelden”.
Find out more
Find out how to :