Choosing and changing import settings is fairly easy. Start by clicking on “Resource Files” in the submenu and pick the right options for your project.
Here are the settings you can choose from:
- Text segment keys should be unique per – This setting determines if a segment, according to its key will be unique in the whole LingoHub Project or in a Resource File. How this setting affects the import process is described here. “Resource File” is the default setting for these project types: Android, Apple iOS, RESW/RESX, Qt.
- Use source language when no language was detected – If LingoHub is not able to detect the language of an uploaded file (by checking file name or content) and this setting is enabled, LingoHub will assume that the uploaded file belongs to the source language. Otherwise the user will be forced to define the language.
You will be also presented with the following options for both source and target language imports:
- Create new text segments – Check this box to add a new segment to LingoHub for every new key that is found during the upload. To define the status that the new segment will have upon upload, change it with the drop-down box. If you wish to ignore any new entries, uncheck this box.
- Overwrite existing text segments – If this box is ticked, the existing segments will be overwritten with any changes that are found in the uploaded resource file. You can set the status for the segments that are uploaded by changing the dropdown boxes.
- Deactivate removed segments – Checking this box means that any segments that are not found in the uploaded resource file will be deactivated within LingoHub. The segments are still available and are not deleted from the system.